Welcome to MPM Association
The Association was formed in 1923 to provide services to the petroleum marketer, to help them at all levels of government, and to support fellow marketers. The Association has four main emphases - education, regulatory analysis and programs to help with compliance, legislative and regulatory monitoring, and services for the members.
Petrofund Fee is OFF
The 2 cents per gallon Petrofund fee is off . The fee was last on from January 1, 2017 - April 30, 2017.
State and Federal Employment posters. Posters are $2.50 + tax and shipping. Contact Holly with the number of posters you need. email@example.com
New Members Area- Member only access to programs and
services of the association. Click Here>
Degree Days Link- Determine degree days for your location. Click Here>
Annual Golf Outing
Stillwater Country Club
June 26, 2017
The Minnesota Petroleum Marketers Association Annual Golf Outing is fast approaching. The event is filling up fast.
This is the second year we are holding this event at Stillwater Country Club - this beautiful, well- groomed course is a favorite. Click here for complete details a registration information.
We have had a few calls to the Association office regarding the sale of B-10 in Minnesota. On April 30, 2014 Governor Mark Dayton signed a bill that modified the biodiesel mandate chapter 239.77. The following should help you understand the changes and what actions you will need to take to sell biodiesel at retail…
• On April 1, 2017 through September 30, 2017, considered warm months, the biodiesel content must be at least 10% biodiesel fuel by volume going forward.
• During the cold weather months, October 1 through March 31, the biodiesel mandate reverts back to at least 5% biodiesel fuel by volume.
• On April 1, 2018 through September 30, 2018 the biodiesel mandate moves to 20% biodiesel fuel by volume.
• #2 Biodiesel Exemptions include…
• Motors located at an electric generating plant regulated by the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
• Railroad locomotives.
• Off-road taconite and copper mining equipment and machinery.
• Off-road logging equipment and machinery.
• Vessels of the United States Coast Guard and vessels subject to inspection under United States Code, title 46, section 3301.
• Generators tested and validated by an entity that designs and manufactures the generators for use in jurisdictions where biodiesel use is not required.
• The exemptions listed above do not have a sunset date.
• Number 1 diesel fuel is exempt year round until May 21, 2020.
• The Federal Trade Commission sticker (see below) is required at the point-of-sale on all retail diesel fuel pumps.