January 6, 2021 is the deadline for employers to have completed the required FMCSA Clearinghouse annual limited queries on their current CDL drivers. This process of running limited queries can be done by the employer or a designated C/TPA (consortium/third party administrator).
A limited query determines if an individual driver’s Clearinghouse Record has any reported items. To learn more about Limited Queries, click here. Your current drivers do not need to register for the Clearinghouse unless a violation or refuse to test has been reported to the Clearinghouse.
Great News! MPMA can perform your queries for you.
For MPMA to run your limited queries, you will need to:
- Participate in MPMA’s Drug and Alcohol Random Section Testing Program
- Designate the MPMA as your C/TPA
- Purchase a query package. You do this by signing into your FMCSA Clearinghouse account, go under your “dashboard” and purchase queries. Purchase enough queries to run each employed driver.
- Have all your CDL drivers complete and sign a Limited Query Consent Form.
- Request MPMA to complete your FMCSA Limited Queries. A copy of the consent for each driver must accompany your request. You can fill out the query request form or send a request via email with your list of driver names, their date of birth and their CDL number.
The Association will send the limited query results back to you promptly via email. And, if required per the results of the limited query, the Association will initiate driver’s consent and run a full query for you.
If you need the Query Request Form or the Limited Consent Form, please contact Angie Graupner at 651-484-7227 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For members that do not use MPMA’s Drug and Alcohol Random Selection Testing Program, by January 6, 2021 you must:
- Ensure registration with the FMCSA Clearinghouse by clicking here.
- Purchase queries under your “dashboard”
- Have your drivers sign a limited consent form
- Run the limited queries on your CDL drivers
- Review the results.
For Instructions on how to conduct a Limited Query, click here.
For a Sample Limited Consent Form you can make on your own, click here.
To help you navigate this process, MPMA has scheduled a virtual workshop to provide our members an update on the FMCSA Clearinghouse.
- Webinar: Update on the FMCSA Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse
- When: Tuesday, December 8, 2020
- Time: 2:00 – 3:00 PM
- Presenter: Charles St. Martin, FMCSA
Call the Association office at (800)864-3813 to register for this free workshop put on just for MPMA members.